News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Columbus Dispatch opposes HSUS attempt to dictate Livestock Care Board standards
Ohioans voted to put the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board in place, and it should be given the chance to work. That’s according to The Columbus Dispatch, which on Wednesday printed its view of the Humane Society of the United States’ attempt to dictate the standards set by the Board through its own ballot initiative this fall.
The Dispatch believes using the Ohio Constitution to wage animal-rights battles is ill-advised, but said “issues should be hashed out by Ohioans before the board is forced by the actions of an outside interest group, to adopt any particular regulations.”
Ohio Farm Bureau encourages members and Livestock Care Board supporters to write letters to the editor regarding this issue.
Read the entire editorial, “Bad idea, part two: Using Ohio Constitution to wage animal-rights battles is ill-advised”
Get the latest news and updates on the creation of the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board at Ohio Farm Bureau’s Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board News Page.