News & Events
You might also like
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names childrenís book of the year
Livestock, climate issues to be discussed at OFBF conference
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureauís annual Trends and Issues conference will feature presenters on animal agriculture and consumer issues, climate change and an update on livestock care and the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board.
Speakers for the morning session include Terry Fleck of the Center for Food Integrity and climate change scientist Lonnie Thompson.
In the afternoon, members of Ohio Farm Bureauís Advisory Teams will meet. Advisory Teams are groups of Farm Bureau members who discuss current issues within their area of agriculture, recommend new policies related to their teamsí issues, offer suggestions or clarifications in the implementation of existing policies and recommend any new programming or activities needed related to their team.
The event will be held at the Fawcett Center in Columbus on March 23. Registration is due to county Farm Bureau offices by March 9.