News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Livestock Care Board to be focus of Town Hall Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) - Progress toward establishing the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board will be discussed this week on Town Hall Ohio. Additionally, efforts by out-of-state animal rights activists to take over the Care Board's duties will be explained.
Last November, Ohio voters overwhelming approved Issue 2 to establish an inclusive, transparent system to determine appropriate standards for livestock care. Appearing on Town Hall Ohio to provide an update on the Care Board will be Greg Hargett of the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Dwayne Siekman of Ohioans for Livestock Care and David White of the Ohio Livestock Coalition.
The panelists will also discuss a ballot measure proposed by the Washington, D.C.-based animal rights organization the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The measure would place HSUS animal rights standards into the Ohio constitution.
Town Hall Ohio is a weekly public affairs discussion program produced by the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation with the financial support of Nationwide Insurance. Programs are available for download at www.townhallohio.org.
Station dates and times for Town Hall Ohio are: