News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Livestock Care Board to be focus of Town Hall Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio (OFBF) - Progress toward establishing the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board will be discussed this week on Town Hall Ohio. Additionally, efforts by out-of-state animal rights activists to take over the Care Board's duties will be explained.
Last November, Ohio voters overwhelming approved Issue 2 to establish an inclusive, transparent system to determine appropriate standards for livestock care. Appearing on Town Hall Ohio to provide an update on the Care Board will be Greg Hargett of the Ohio Department of Agriculture, Dwayne Siekman of Ohioans for Livestock Care and David White of the Ohio Livestock Coalition.
The panelists will also discuss a ballot measure proposed by the Washington, D.C.-based animal rights organization the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The measure would place HSUS animal rights standards into the Ohio constitution.
Town Hall Ohio is a weekly public affairs discussion program produced by the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation with the financial support of Nationwide Insurance. Programs are available for download at www.townhallohio.org.
Station dates and times for Town Hall Ohio are: