News & Events
You might also like
- What to know about Worker Protection Standard revisions
- Columbia Gas president on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Ohio farm families honored for conservation efforts
- Working for a more fair CAUV formula
- Be wary of recent attempts to create county charters
Strickland signs bill to implement livestock care board
Strickland was joined by farmers and representatives of food, hunger, veterinary and humane organizations as he signed legislation that was required to implement the board after voters approved it by a nearly 2 to 1 margin last November.
Once appointed, the board will set comprehensive standards for farm animal care and well-being that take into account factors such as the protection of safe, local food supplies and generally accepted veterinary medical practices, livestock practice standards and ethical standards established by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
Ohio Department of Agriculture Director Robert Boggs, who will chair the board, has said he would like to hold regional meetings to begin to gather “maximum public input” on livestock care standards.
- Get a complete analysis and updates about the Board on Ohio Farm Bureau's Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board News Page.