News & Events
You might also like
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
- Making Our Voices Heard on ‘The Hill’
- A closer connection to food
- American Farm Bureau leaders visit Ohio
- Nationwide News: Metal theft prevention for home and business
Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board schedules public listening sessions
The Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board has releases its schedule of public listening sessions that will be held throughout the state in May.
Here's the copy of the release. See more details on the Ohio Department of Agriculture's website.
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio (April 30, 2010) – During its first, organizational meeting held on April 27, the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board set the dates and locations for their regional public listening sessions in May.
The purpose of the listening sessions is to allow Ohioans the opportunity to provide input to the board and to educate the board members and public on the various factors the board needs to consider as it begins to establish standards of livestock care.
At each of these sessions the public is encouraged to offer comments to members of the board regarding what important factors the board should consider as it creates standards of livestock care that will maintain food safety, encourage locally grown and raised food and protect Ohio farms and families.
Written comment may also be submitted. The board will use the unbiased facilitation services of the Ohio Commission on Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management.
All listening sessions will be held from 6:30 to 9 p.m. The listening session schedule is as follows (click the location to get driving directions to each):
- May 6 - Geauga County - Parkman Community House, 16295 Main Market Road, Parkman, Ohio 44080
- May 12 - Allen County - Independence Elementary School, 615 Tremont Ave., Lima, Ohio 45801
- May 13 - Franklin County - Columbus Global Academy, 2001 Hamilton Ave., Columbus, Ohio 43211
- May 18 - Montgomery County - Miami Valley Career Technology Center, 6800 Hoke Road, Clayton, Ohio 45315
- May 25 - Guernsey County - Mideast Career & Technology Center, 57090 Vocational Road, Senecaville, Ohio 43780
- May 26 - Ross County - Carver Community Center, 165 W. Fourth St. Chillicothe, Ohio 45601
The Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board is charged with establishing statewide standards governing the care and well-being of livestock while promoting food safety, preventing animal and human diseases and encouraging local food production.