News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
AgriPOWER Institute seeks applicants
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation is seeking applicants for its third AgriPOWER Institute. AgriPOWER, an intensive, yearlong leadership training program, was created in 2008 to equip farmers and agricultural professionals with the leadership skills needed to be influencers in public policy issues that impact their businesses.
Starting July 23, the 2010-2011 class will engage in seven two- to three-day training sessions. OFBF staff and outside experts will provide extensive instruction on the policy issues that face local communities, Ohio, the nation and the world. Specific sessions will focus on important leadership skills such as public speaking and identifying and using individual strengths.
The program also will offer external educational experiences, including a trip to Washington, D.C. Institute participants will engage with government officials, activists, media insiders and farm leaders on pressing local, state and national issues. Among the topics are government structure and spending, regulations, the environment, animal welfare, international trade and public relations.
For more information, visit www.tinyurl.com/agripower.