News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
AFBF creates online resource for rural community building
Buckeye Farm News
A new blog created by American Farm Bureau Federation provides a forum for county and state Farm Bureaus to share resources, ideas and information on improving the quality of life in rural communities.
AFBF’s “Rural Community Building” blog, found at http://ruralcommunitybuilding.fb.org, will be updated regularly with news stories and posts about rural development. Also featured are resources and links on a broad range of topics including agritourism, local foods, funding opportunities, research reports and initiatives to foster entrepreneurship.
Information on rural development workshops available from AFBF also is available on the site, as well as a “blogroll” containing links to other sources on broadband, community building, entrepreneurship and more.
“Rural development remains an important area of focus for Farm Bureau. Using technology to share resources and information on this important subject will benefit rural Americans throughout our nation in addition to the entire Farm Bureau family,” said AFBF President Bob Stallman.