News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
AFBF creates online resource for rural community building
Buckeye Farm News
A new blog created by American Farm Bureau Federation provides a forum for county and state Farm Bureaus to share resources, ideas and information on improving the quality of life in rural communities.
AFBF’s “Rural Community Building” blog, found at http://ruralcommunitybuilding.fb.org, will be updated regularly with news stories and posts about rural development. Also featured are resources and links on a broad range of topics including agritourism, local foods, funding opportunities, research reports and initiatives to foster entrepreneurship.
Information on rural development workshops available from AFBF also is available on the site, as well as a “blogroll” containing links to other sources on broadband, community building, entrepreneurship and more.
“Rural development remains an important area of focus for Farm Bureau. Using technology to share resources and information on this important subject will benefit rural Americans throughout our nation in addition to the entire Farm Bureau family,” said AFBF President Bob Stallman.