News & Events
You might also like
- The Food Dialogues®: Toledo
- Media campaign highlights farmers’ efforts to improve water quality
- OFBF supports compensation adjustment for judges
- Status of Farm Bureau Priority Issues in Congress
- Opening global markets for Ohio farmers
OFBF members consider policies to deal with budget gap
Buckeye Farm News
This spring, the OFBF Board of Trustees authorized the creation of a State of Ohio Budget Task Force. The purpose is to examine Ohio’s fiscal situation and suggest policy ideas and possible solutions to the OFBF Board and State Policy Development Committee. Ohio is facing at least an $8 billion budget shortfall in the next biennium after the state used federal stimulus money to balance the current budget.
The OFBF task force is made up of Farm Bureau Public Policy Committee members and four county Farm Bureau leaders, one from each region.
The committee is meeting with policymakers and other officials throughout the summer as they consider policy recommendations.