News & Events
You might also like
- Top Ohio farm photos of the week
- Talking water issues with Congress, U.S. EPA
- Farmers testify in support of agritourism bill
- Dozens of fertilizer, pesticide certification classes now offered
- Bid now on great Foundation auction items
Langes named outstanding tree farmers
Buckeye Farm News
Earlier this year, Fulton County Farm Bureau members Donna and Walt Lange were recognized as Ohio Tree Farmers of the Year. The Ohio Division of Forestry nominated the Langes for the award because of their commitment to wise stewardship of their 56-acre tree farm in Fulton County, as well as their statewide efforts to promote the importance of forests and woodland conservation.
The Langes have worked hard to promote the value and benefits of healthy woodlands within the Ohio Tree Farm Committee, National Tree Farm Operating Committee, the Ohio Forestry Association, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Forestry Committee, and in partnership with numerous northwest Ohio soil and water conservation districts.
A free public field day, which includes tours, demonstrations and educational opportunities, is planned for Sept. 25 at the Lange Tree Farm.