News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Langes named outstanding tree farmers
Buckeye Farm News
Earlier this year, Fulton County Farm Bureau members Donna and Walt Lange were recognized as Ohio Tree Farmers of the Year. The Ohio Division of Forestry nominated the Langes for the award because of their commitment to wise stewardship of their 56-acre tree farm in Fulton County, as well as their statewide efforts to promote the importance of forests and woodland conservation.
The Langes have worked hard to promote the value and benefits of healthy woodlands within the Ohio Tree Farm Committee, National Tree Farm Operating Committee, the Ohio Forestry Association, Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Forestry Committee, and in partnership with numerous northwest Ohio soil and water conservation districts.
A free public field day, which includes tours, demonstrations and educational opportunities, is planned for Sept. 25 at the Lange Tree Farm.