News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF continues to focus on water issues
- Four things you need to know from the 2014 AgChat Conference
- Connecting and network developing
- Learning where to find the answers
- Learning to be more proactive for agriculture
Year in Review: Ohio Farm Bureau By the Numbers
- Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) is a federation of county Farm Bureaus representing all 88 counties. The organization’s current membership stands at 214,331. Nearly 60,000 of those members are farmers who each get one vote on the organization’s policies.
- The retention rate for membership in Ohio Farm Bureau this year was 82 percent. 1,362 volunteers signed at least one member.
- OFBF’s Board of Trustees is made up of 26 farmers who are elected by their peers. OFBF board members have a combined 358 years of service.
- 341 farmer delegates were elected by local members to debate and finalize OFBF’s policies for 2010.
- There are 479 OFBF Advisory Councils made up of 5,748 members that provide input on farm and rural issues.
- 23 farmers from across Ohio served on OFBF’s policy development committee, which develops recommendations on OFBF positions.
- OFBF employees have a combined 696 years of service.
- 363 members attended OFBF's 2010 Leadership Conference.
- 178 members are part of OFBF commodity advisory teams discussing rural development, equine, specialty crops, feed grains, livestock and natural resources. OFBF had 12 members serve on American Farm Bureau’s Commodity Advisory Committees.
- 70 county presidents attended the annual Washington, D.C. trip. 240 Farm Bureau members participated in Ag Day at the Capitol.