News & Events
You might also like
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
- Ohio Farm Bureau Member Savings Testimonials
- A look at OFBF’s work on the state’s $71 billion operating budget
- Brochure available about state’s new nutrient application law
Year in Review: Ohio Farm Bureau Counties among nation's best
Farm Bureau members are innovative and action oriented, and each year the American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) sponsors the County Activities of Excellence program to recognize county Farm Bureaus for outstanding work. Fifteen county Farm Bureaus from across the nation get invited to the AFBF annual meeting to present a display of their winning activities. Two of those counties are from Ohio.
Fulton County Farm Bureau member Tom O’Neill raises carrots for Campbell’s. After harvesting a bountiful crop, O’Neill had several pounds of carrots left over after meeting his contract. Working with Fulton County Farm Bureau, more than 120 volunteers were organized to assist with the distribution of 250,000 pounds of carrots to 12 food banks throughout Ohio. The donation provided more than 19,000 meals.
Fairfield County Farm Bureau, in conjunction with the local chamber, SWCD and OSU Extension Service, hosted the State of Fairfield County Agriculture program. The program consisted of a made-to-order omelet breakfast buffet, prepared by Fairfield County Farm Bureau members, and a panel discussion focusing on the importance of agriculture to the local economy. More than 140 guests from both the agriculture and non-agriculture sector attended the program.Fulton County Farm Bureau and Fairfield County Farm Bureau will be a part of the 2011 AFBF annual meeting held in Atlanta in January.
Here's a look at just a few of many more great county programs:
- The Wyandot Wranglers Farm Bureau Youth made 25 fleece blankets that were donated through their Warmth Where Needed program. The blankets were given out to children and adults by the Wyandot County Sheriff’s Department.
- Guernsey County Farm Bureau members participated in the annual Home, Garden and Business show and gave those in attendance a chance to win a garden gift basket. They also had the opportunity to learn about the many benefits of Farm Bureau and had the opportunity to sign up to attend any of the Farm Bureau Grow and Know events.