News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Year in Review: 'Because I Care' - A positive message
The “Because I Care” video contest, sponsored by Ohio Farm Bureau’s Center for Food and Animals Issues, gave Ohio farmers, county Farm Bureaus, youth agricultural organizations and other ag-related groups an opportunity to fight back against negative Internet videos about animal agriculture.
More than 40 contestants shared positive and informative animal agriculture stories through 90- to 120-second videos showcasing how they best care for their animals. Videos were also posted on YouTube.com to be found by Internet users through related searches.
After nearly 5,000 public online votes, the Fort Loramie FFA Chapter in Shelby County was declared the People’s Choice Grand Prize Winner and awarded $1,000. The winning video stars students in various roles including a dairy and hog farmer, nutrient management specialist, food scientist, a consumer who supports local foods and a veterinarian. The students describe the critical value of care in each role, from proper animal treatment and well-being to sound environmental practices to disease prevention and food safety.