News & Events
You might also like
- Eye-opening Washington trip
- Our nationís capital in 3 days
- What you need to know about 2014 Farm Bill implementation
- Why your mineral rights might be in danger
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
Year in Review: Teachable moments
Ohio Farm Bureau always works to ensure† agricultural information is in Ohioís classrooms. In 2010, outreach to Ohioís teachers continued. Some examples:
- Complimentary materials were provided to teachers who are Farm Bureau members, including DVDs and CDs full of Our Ohio television segments and magazine articles accompanied with a companion set of teaching questions matched to Ohio Academic Content Standards.
- A series of three professional development workshops held at Ohio Stateís College of Food, Agriculture and Environmental Sciences helped an urban school districtís teachers learn how agricultural concepts can be integrated into traditional high school and other classroom subjects.
- OFBF helped sponsor a trip to a local dairy farm for 56 Southern Elementary third graders in Racine. The class had earned the field trip through an essay contest that was part of† the Ohio Livestock Coalitionís ForYourInFARMation program.
- Ohio Farm Bureauís Teachers Lounge e-Letter provides monthly news and resources for teachers, and is also featured in Our Ohio magazine.