News & Events
You might also like
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Year in Review: New Ohio Farm Bureau partnerships pay off
In 2010, Ohio Farm Bureau teamed up with Bob Evans Farms to offer members a 10 percent discount on dine in and carryout meals at the Ohio-based restaurant chain over the course of several months. Bob Evans Farms, in partnership with Ohio Farm Bureau, also purchased this year’s reserve grand champion market barrow at the Ohio State Fair, which will help support youth involvement in agriculture.
The Ohio Farm Bureau and Velvet Ice Cream flavor contest invited participants to suggest a new ice cream flavor that uses at least one locally-grown Ohio product. They also were asked to submit an essay that included the idea for a new flavor, the importance of using local products and why the entrant should have a seat on the Velvet Ice Cream Tasting Panel.
A new partnership with the National Tractor Pullers Association (NTPA) included discounts and promotions for OFBF members, and the Buckeye State Sheriff’s Association teamed up with Ohio Farm Bureau to promote the $2,500 reward program, which offers a reward to help deter crime in rural areas.