Researcher's findings could rile raw milk advocates
News & Events
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Both the U.S. dairy and pork industries need to drastically reduce the number of cattle and hogs in order to raise prices and have production be more in balance with demand, ag economists said.
There's a long way to go to control ?the deer herd, but complaining is a start
- Health management programs for sheep and goat producers will be the primary focus of the 2009 Buckeye Shepherd’s Symposium Dec. 12 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture Bromfield Building, 8995 East Main Street, in Reynoldsburg.
Paul Davidson of Newark has been elected to the OFBF board of trustees. He will represent OFBF members in Coshocton, Holmes, Knox and Licking counties.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture is reminding owners of dangerous wild animal that a new state law passed in June requires the registration of their animals before Nov. 5.
Do you know someone who has positively developed or enhanced relationships between neighbors in Ohio’s farm communities? The Ohio Livestock Coalition (OLC), in partnership with OFBF, is now accepting nominations for the 2011 Neighbor of the Year awards.
Teenagers from Ohio Farm Bureau member families and their parents are invited to apply to iLead, a new one-day leadership training. Young Ag Professionals are invited to apply and participate in the Discussion Meet.
A series of activities and contests for Young Agricultural Professionals are coming up, and the first deadline is this month.
Farmers are watching to see if farm programs will be on the chopping block as 12 members of a federal 'super committee' prepare to identify ways to reduce the national debt.