In this blog, Dr. Leah C. Dorman, Ohio Farm Bureau director of food programs, discusses what she and other attendees of the Ohio Livestock Coalition Annual Meeting learned about sharing their story with empowered, informed and entitled customers.
News & Events
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
The Cuyahoga County Equine Advisory Committee is comprised of individuals who come from various backgrounds, but who all share a love of horses. The committee is fervent in sharing its passion with others.
Researcher's findings could rile raw milk advocates
Both the U.S. dairy and pork industries need to drastically reduce the number of cattle and hogs in order to raise prices and have production be more in balance with demand, ag economists said.
There's a long way to go to control ?the deer herd, but complaining is a start
- Health management programs for sheep and goat producers will be the primary focus of the 2009 Buckeye Shepherd’s Symposium Dec. 12 at the Ohio Department of Agriculture Bromfield Building, 8995 East Main Street, in Reynoldsburg.
Paul Davidson of Newark has been elected to the OFBF board of trustees. He will represent OFBF members in Coshocton, Holmes, Knox and Licking counties.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture is reminding owners of dangerous wild animal that a new state law passed in June requires the registration of their animals before Nov. 5.
Do you know someone who has positively developed or enhanced relationships between neighbors in Ohio’s farm communities? The Ohio Livestock Coalition (OLC), in partnership with OFBF, is now accepting nominations for the 2011 Neighbor of the Year awards.
Teenagers from Ohio Farm Bureau member families and their parents are invited to apply to iLead, a new one-day leadership training. Young Ag Professionals are invited to apply and participate in the Discussion Meet.