Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Peterson Viewed as Obstacle to Climate Change Bill
The Minneapolis Post reported that House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson (D-Minn.) is viewed as a major obstacle to climate change legislation. Peterson said the draft of the climate change bill recently passed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee is unacceptable and ignores the significant impact the legislation will have on agriculture. The biofuels provisions could hurt producers, Peterson said. “If they don't fix this, there isn't going to be a bill,” Peterson said. The article also quoted Rick Krause, AFBF climate change specialist, who said there is nothing for agriculture in the bill. “We really think that ag can play a key role in any kind of carbon reduction scheme, so we would just like to see that recognized,” Krause said.