Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Pelosi: Ag Important to Climate Change Bill
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says the climate change bill passed last month by the Energy and Commerce Committee will go through more changes before coming up for a vote in the full House and that agriculture will be very important. “The Energy and Commerce Committee was one step and now it will go to other committees and agriculture is very important,” Pelosi said. Pelosi’s comments came at a press conference Saturday in Des Moines, Iowa, where she held a public meeting with education officials on the role of federal stimulus funding for schools. Pelosi said that after her visit to Iowa she was headed to Minnesota, where she planned to meet with House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson, who has expressed strong reservations about the climate change bill.