Policy & Politics
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
Pelosi: Ag Important to Climate Change Bill
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says the climate change bill passed last month by the Energy and Commerce Committee will go through more changes before coming up for a vote in the full House and that agriculture will be very important.¬† ‚ÄúThe Energy and Commerce Committee was one step and now it will go to other committees and agriculture is very important,‚ÄĚ Pelosi said.¬† Pelosi‚Äôs comments came at a press conference Saturday in Des Moines, Iowa, where she held a public meeting with education officials on the role of federal stimulus funding for schools. Pelosi said that after her visit to Iowa she was headed to Minnesota, where she planned to meet with House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson, who has expressed strong reservations about the climate change bill.