Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workersí comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Pelosi: Ag Important to Climate Change Bill
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says the climate change bill passed last month by the Energy and Commerce Committee will go through more changes before coming up for a vote in the full House and that agriculture will be very important.¬† ‚ÄúThe Energy and Commerce Committee was one step and now it will go to other committees and agriculture is very important,‚ÄĚ Pelosi said.¬† Pelosi‚Äôs comments came at a press conference Saturday in Des Moines, Iowa, where she held a public meeting with education officials on the role of federal stimulus funding for schools. Pelosi said that after her visit to Iowa she was headed to Minnesota, where she planned to meet with House Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson, who has expressed strong reservations about the climate change bill.