Policy & Politics
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
Biden, Vilsack to Lead Rural Tour
Vice President Joe Biden, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and other Obama administration officials and Cabinet secretaries will participate in a rural tour across the country through September. The tour is designed to show how the Agriculture Department and other federal agencies are working to strengthen rural America.¬† The tour begins today in Wattsburg, Pa., where Vilsack and Biden will join Commerce Secretary Gary Locke to discuss rural broadband. Guidelines for the $7.2 billion broadband stimulus program are expected to be announced at the event.¬† Vilsack is scheduled to attend all planned rural tour events. Events will be held in Alaska, Louisiana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin.