Policy & Politics
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
Public Option Makes it into Senate Health Care Bill
Health care reform legislation headed to the Senate floor for debate includes a public option for coverage. Millions of Americans would have the option of buying government-run insurance coverage if the bill becomes law. Individual states would have the choice to opt out of the program. The Congressional Budget Office is completing a mandatory assessment of the cost of the bill and how it will impact health care coverage.† Farm Bureau supports competition in the marketplace as a way to reduce health insurance costs. In addition, Farm Bureau opposes a public option for coverage (government health insurance) and instead supports voluntary regional health insurance cooperatives, subject to state regulation, to give individuals and small businesses leverage in the marketplace.