Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Public Option Makes it into Senate Health Care Bill
Health care reform legislation headed to the Senate floor for debate includes a public option for coverage. Millions of Americans would have the option of buying government-run insurance coverage if the bill becomes law. Individual states would have the choice to opt out of the program. The Congressional Budget Office is completing a mandatory assessment of the cost of the bill and how it will impact health care coverage. Farm Bureau supports competition in the marketplace as a way to reduce health insurance costs. In addition, Farm Bureau opposes a public option for coverage (government health insurance) and instead supports voluntary regional health insurance cooperatives, subject to state regulation, to give individuals and small businesses leverage in the marketplace.