Policy & Politics
- 'Town Hall Ohio' featuring Ohio Chamber of Commerce's CEO Andy Doehrel
- Cultivating a Cure raises more than $90,000
- AgriPOWER Class VII session 2 blogs with Chris Kick, Sara Campbell
- BWC competition showcases solutions that reduce risk of workplace injuries
- Interacting with media, being effective spokespeople - AgriPOWER Class VII blog
Public Option Makes it into Senate Health Care Bill
Health care reform legislation headed to the Senate floor for debate includes a public option for coverage. Millions of Americans would have the option of buying government-run insurance coverage if the bill becomes law. Individual states would have the choice to opt out of the program. The Congressional Budget Office is completing a mandatory assessment of the cost of the bill and how it will impact health care coverage. Farm Bureau supports competition in the marketplace as a way to reduce health insurance costs. In addition, Farm Bureau opposes a public option for coverage (government health insurance) and instead supports voluntary regional health insurance cooperatives, subject to state regulation, to give individuals and small businesses leverage in the marketplace.