Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
OFBF Monitoring HB 149 Chapter 166 Loans - Supermarkets (Miller, E - D)
HB 149 would allow under served community grocers to qualify for Department of Development loans and loan guarantees. Current law authorizes the Department of Development to issue loans and loan guarantees for certain economic development projects. Under current law, eligible projects do not include project facilities that consist solely of point?of?final?purchase retail facilities. Similarly, if a project facility includes nonretail facilities and point-of-final-purchase retail facilities, only the nonretail portion may receive funding. Ohio Farm Bureau is monitoring this legislation.