Policy & Politics
- Senate makes Farm Bill amendment to crop insurance program
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
OFBF Monitoring HB 149 Chapter 166 Loans - Supermarkets (Miller, E - D)
HB 149 would allow under served community grocers to qualify for Department of Development loans and loan guarantees. Current law authorizes the Department of Development to issue loans and loan guarantees for certain economic development projects. Under current law, eligible projects do not include project facilities that consist solely of point?of?final?purchase retail facilities. Similarly, if a project facility includes nonretail facilities and point-of-final-purchase retail facilities, only the nonretail portion may receive funding. Ohio Farm Bureau is monitoring this legislation.