Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Climate Change Bill on Track for Senate Vote in Spring
Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) told reporters Tuesday that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is committed to move on the climate change bill after the Senate finishes legislation to reform the financial regulatory system. Kerry said this should allow for a spring vote on the climate measure. The Kerry-Boxer bill must still clear the finance, agriculture and judiciary committees before a floor vote. The Senate bill (S. 1733) would establish an emissions trading system to cut U.S. greenhouse gas emissions 20 percent by 2020 from 2005 levels, somewhat deeper reductions than included in the House version (H.R. 2454) passed by that chamber in June. Farm Bureau will continue to step up its “Don’t Cap Our Future” campaign to help defeat the Kerry-Boxer bill. The campaign will be a key focus of AFBF’s annual meeting in Seattle Jan. 10-13.