Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
USDA Implements New Crop Disaster Assistance Program
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack last week announced that USDA has implemented the new Supplemental Revenue Assistance Payments program (SURE) in accordance with the 2008 farm bill. Vilsack also encouraged producers to visit their USDA Farm Service Agency county office beginning Jan. 4, 2010, to participate in the program if they suffered crop production losses during the 2008 crop year.
“This program is an important component of the farm safety net and will provide financial assistance to producers who have suffered crop losses due to natural disasters,” Vilsack said. “Producers will receive payments beginning in January, in time to help them with planning for next year’s crop.”
SURE provides crop disaster assistance payments to eligible producers on farms that have incurred crop production or crop quality losses. For more information, producers are encouraged to visit their local FSA county office or http://www.fsa.usda.gov.