Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Moderate Democrats Urge White House to Drop Cap-and-trade
Moderate Democrats in the Senate are urging the Obama administration to stop urging passage of climate change legislation with cap-and-trade provisions in 2010. Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) and several other Democrats are speaking to the White House and party leadership about setting aside efforts on cap and trade.
“I am communicating that in every way I know how,” Landrieu said. Although cap-and-trade provisions are central to Democrats’ plans to curb global warming, some senators in the party are urging a focus on health care and the economy instead.
Farm Bureau’s grassroots “Don’t Cap Our Future” campaign against cap-and-trade provisions of climate change legislation continues to build momentum across the country. Visit AFBF’s “Don’t Cap Our Future” page on Facebook for state Farm Bureau updates and photos.