Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Senate Approves Health Care Bill Along Party Lines
The Senate on Thursday approved H.R. 3590, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, on a 60-39 vote along party lines. Senate Democrats and Independents supported the measure; no Republicans voted for it.
President Barack Obama praised the Senate for approving its version of the bill. He earlier urged speedy action on the measure and has said he would like to sign it into law before his annual State of the Union address in January.
Differences in the health care reform bills passed by the House and Senate will be reconciled by a conference committee early next year.
Farm Bureau-opposed provisions requiring employers to provide health insurance for full-time employees were dropped from the bill approved by the Senate.