Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Vilsack Confident Congress Will Act on Biodiesel Tax Incentive
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says he’s confident Congress will act early in the new year to extend the tax incentive for soy biodiesel, according to Brownfield
“We’re obviously encouraged by comments from congressional leaders that it’s their intention to take this matter—the tax extenders—up by the end of next month which will hopefully be in time that there isn’t any significant disruption in the market,” Vilsack said.
Some industry analysts predict many biodiesel plants will be forced to shut down when that tax incentive expires on Thursday.