Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Vilsack Confident Congress Will Act on Biodiesel Tax Incentive
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack says he’s confident Congress will act early in the new year to extend the tax incentive for soy biodiesel, according to Brownfield
“We’re obviously encouraged by comments from congressional leaders that it’s their intention to take this matter—the tax extenders—up by the end of next month which will hopefully be in time that there isn’t any significant disruption in the market,” Vilsack said.
Some industry analysts predict many biodiesel plants will be forced to shut down when that tax incentive expires on Thursday.