Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Ohio Agriculture Goes to Washington DC
For the 64th year, Ohio Farm Bureau county presidents visited Washington, D.C. last week to discuss agricultural issues with their lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Andy Vance of ABN Radio was among several reporters that covered the event which also included: a briefing by American Farm Bureau public policy staff on current legislative priority issues such as healthcare, climate change, and food safety; a forum hosted by Minority Leader and Ohio's 8th district Congressman John Boehner; a meeting with USDA officials to hear an update on implementation of the 2008 Farm Bill and the top five priorities of Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack; and an afternoon discussion at the British Embassy to learn more about agriculture in the United Kingdom and the U.K.'s relationship with U.S. agriculture; remarks from Ohio's senior United States Senator George Voinovich and remarks from Joe Shultz of Senator Sherrod Brown's office.