Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
American Farm Bureau Believes NIH Animal Care Standards Flawed
The National Institutes of Health is reviewing a draft document outlining guidelines for animal care that Farm Bureau believes contains technical flaws relative to agriculture animal welfare. AFBF President Bob Stallman wrote to NIH Friday, urging it to reject the proposed guide and instead consider peer-reviewed, science-based guidelines published earlier this year by the Federation of Animal Science Societies.
AFBF is concerned that the adoption of flawed standards by NIH would not only negatively impact agricultural animals in the care of NIH, but also sets a dangerous precedent for the use of unscientific animal care guidelines in academic research and the private sector.