Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Senate Agriculture Committee Shuffles Leadership Positions
Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-Ark.), chairman of the Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry Committee, recently announced several new subcommittee leadership positions.
Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) will assume chairmanship of the Subcommittee on Rural Revitalization, Conservation, Forestry and Credit. Sen. Michael Bennet (D-Colo.) will assume chairmanship of the Subcommittee on Energy, Science and Technology.
Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) will assume seats formerly held by Lincoln on the following subcommittees: Rural Revitalization, Conservation, Forestry and Credit; Hunger, Nutrition, and Family Farms; and Production, Income Protection and Price Support.