Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
State Representative and family farmer Jim Zehringer appointed director of ODA
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) commends Governor-elect Kasich’s selection of Jim Zehringer to serve as director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.Mr. Zehringer’s experience as a family farmer, businessman and legislator makes him highly qualified to lead a state agency that is responsible for protecting the state’s food supply and regulating Ohio’s largest industry. Farm Bureau and Mr. Zehringer share similar views on the proper role of government, the importance of agriculture to Ohio and the need for consumers to have confidence in food and food production. We look forward to continuing a positive relationship with him in his new role.