Policy & Politics
- Ohio Farm Bureau to make $1 million investment in water quality action plan
- Farmers can now enroll in new dairy Margin Protection Program
- House passes bill against EPA’s proposed water rule change
- OFBF Young Ag Professionals and AgriPOWER trip to D.C.
- OFBF continues to focus on water issues
State Representative and family farmer Jim Zehringer appointed director of ODA
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) commends Governor-elect Kasich’s selection of Jim Zehringer to serve as director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.Mr. Zehringer’s experience as a family farmer, businessman and legislator makes him highly qualified to lead a state agency that is responsible for protecting the state’s food supply and regulating Ohio’s largest industry. Farm Bureau and Mr. Zehringer share similar views on the proper role of government, the importance of agriculture to Ohio and the need for consumers to have confidence in food and food production. We look forward to continuing a positive relationship with him in his new role.