Policy & Politics
- 'Town Hall Ohio' featuring Ohio Chamber of Commerce's CEO Andy Doehrel
- Cultivating a Cure raises more than $90,000
- AgriPOWER Class VII session 2 blogs with Chris Kick, Sara Campbell
- BWC competition showcases solutions that reduce risk of workplace injuries
- Interacting with media, being effective spokespeople - AgriPOWER Class VII blog
Stabenow officially announced as Senate Ag Chair
After being formally appointed yesterday to serve as chairwoman of the Senate Agriculture Committee, Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) said she looks forward to leading the committee and emphasized her belief that “agriculture is critical to our economy and is helping to lead our recovery.”
Also announced by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) yesterday were the members of the full committee.
“I am so pleased to welcome all of our newly appointed members to the Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry,” Stabenow said. “I look forward to working with all of our committee colleagues to help create new jobs and continue America’s leadership in this important sector.”
Members of the committee include: Democrats: Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Tom Harkin of Iowa, Kent Conrad of North Dakota, Max Baucus of Montana, Ben Nelson of Nebraska, Sherrod Brown of Ohio, Robert Casey of Pennsylvania, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Michael Bennet of Colorado and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York; and Republicans: Pat Roberts of Kansas, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, Richard Lugar of Indiana, Thad Cochran of Mississippi, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Charles Grassley of Iowa; John Thune of South Dakota and John Hoeven of North Dakota.