Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Urgent Action Alert: Help End Ohio's Estate Tax
Help End Ohio's Estate Tax by Calling or E-mailing your State Representative and State Senator.On average, 84 percent of farm assets are land, machinery, and equipment. Burdensome estate taxes can cause the loss or break-up of family farms when heirs are forced to sell assets to pay the tax and/or administrative costs.Elimination of the state estate tax, coupled with significant federal estate tax reforms, will allow additional generations to keep their land in farming, strengthen the rural economy and preserve Ohio’s agricultural heritage.Take action now to call or e-mail your state legislators via Ohio Farm Bureau's on-line Legislative Action Center.You can also look up your legislators' contact information by visiting the Ohio House of Representatives and Ohio Senate on-line directories.