Policy & Politics
- Senate makes Farm Bill amendment to crop insurance program
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
Urgent Action Alert: Help End Ohio's Estate Tax
Help End Ohio's Estate Tax by Calling or E-mailing your State Representative and State Senator.On average, 84 percent of farm assets are land, machinery, and equipment. Burdensome estate taxes can cause the loss or break-up of family farms when heirs are forced to sell assets to pay the tax and/or administrative costs.Elimination of the state estate tax, coupled with significant federal estate tax reforms, will allow additional generations to keep their land in farming, strengthen the rural economy and preserve Ohio’s agricultural heritage.Take action now to call or e-mail your state legislators via Ohio Farm Bureau's on-line Legislative Action Center.You can also look up your legislators' contact information by visiting the Ohio House of Representatives and Ohio Senate on-line directories.