Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
USDA Notice to Hispanic or Women Farmers and Ranchers
Farmers and ranchers who believe that the United States Department of Agricutlure has improperly denied them farm loan benefits between 1981 and 2000 because they are Hispanic or because they are women may be eligible to apply for compensation.
You may be eligible to apply if:1)You sought a farm loan or farm-loan servicing from USDA during that period; and 2) the loan was denied, provided late, approved for a lesser amount than requested, approved with restrictive conditions, or USDA failed to provide an appropriate loan service; and3) you believe these actions occurred because you are Hispanic or female.
To learn more, call 1-888-508-4429 or visit www.farmerclaims.gov.