Policy & Politics
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
All members of 'Deficit Super Committee' named
All 12 members of the “super committee” who are charged with identifying ways to reduce the budget deficit by $1.2 trillion to $1.5 trillion by 2021 have been appointed. They are:
House Republicans: Dave Camp (Michigan), Jeb Hensarling (Texas) and Fred Upton (Michigan).
House Democrats: James Clyburn (South Carolina), Xavier Becerra (California) and Chris Van Hollen (Maryland).
Senate Republicans: Jon Kyl (Arizona), Rob Portman (Ohio) and Pat Toomey (Pennsylvania).
Senate Democrats: Max Baucus (Montana), John Kerry (Massachusetts) and Patty Murray (Washington).
The first committee meeting is slated for Sep. 16. Other congressional committees have until Oct. 14 to submit recommendations. The super committee’s proposal is due by Nov. 23 and is to be submitted to Congress by Dec. 2. Final passage of the legislation must occur by Dec. 23.
If Congress fails to approve $1.2 trillion of debt reduction, automatic across-the-board spending cuts will occur in fiscal year 2013.