Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Ohio Farm Bureau staff testimony on HB 276
OFBF Director of State Policy Beth Vanderkooi testified before the Senate Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources Committee in support of House Bill 276, which clarifies that on-farm production of biodiesel, biomass energy, electric or heat energy, and biologically derived methane gas that occurs secondary to or incidental to farming retains the agricultural treatment for zoning and CAUV, as long as at least fifty percent of the feedstock or starting material is generated on that farm.