Policy & Politics
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
OFBF staff testimony to House Ag and Natural Resources State Fair Committee
Good morning, and welcome to the Great Ohio State Fair. The State Fair is many things to many people, but above all it is an opportunity to showcase our agricultural industry here in Ohio. As you know, Ohio agriculture contributes $107 billion to our stateís economy each year and is responsible for one in seven Ohio jobs.
I am here today in part to talk about our wonderful industry, in part to thank you for helping us to continue to grow Ohio agriculture, and in part to look toward the future and start a conversation about how we can continue our collaborative efforts to help Ohioís families, communities, and businesses. We have more than 11.5 million Ohioans who love to eat, need transportation, and participate in agri-tainment.