Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
OFBF staff testimony to House Ag and Natural Resources State Fair Committee
Good morning, and welcome to the Great Ohio State Fair. The State Fair is many things to many people, but above all it is an opportunity to showcase our agricultural industry here in Ohio. As you know, Ohio agriculture contributes $107 billion to our state’s economy each year and is responsible for one in seven Ohio jobs.
I am here today in part to talk about our wonderful industry, in part to thank you for helping us to continue to grow Ohio agriculture, and in part to look toward the future and start a conversation about how we can continue our collaborative efforts to help Ohio’s families, communities, and businesses. We have more than 11.5 million Ohioans who love to eat, need transportation, and participate in agri-tainment.