Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
OFBF staff testimony to House Ag and Natural Resources State Fair Committee
Good morning, and welcome to the Great Ohio State Fair. The State Fair is many things to many people, but above all it is an opportunity to showcase our agricultural industry here in Ohio. As you know, Ohio agriculture contributes $107 billion to our state’s economy each year and is responsible for one in seven Ohio jobs.
I am here today in part to talk about our wonderful industry, in part to thank you for helping us to continue to grow Ohio agriculture, and in part to look toward the future and start a conversation about how we can continue our collaborative efforts to help Ohio’s families, communities, and businesses. We have more than 11.5 million Ohioans who love to eat, need transportation, and participate in agri-tainment.