Maintaining a strong safety net for farmers, establishing a new direction for dairy policy, growing agricultural trade opportunities, regulatory oversight and reducing additional regulatory burdens, tax policy, food quality and safety, and energy and transportation issues are our top priorities.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Pending free trade agreements (FTA) between the United States and Korea, Panama and Colombia would amount to more than $2.5 billion in additional exports, economic development and jobs.
The American Farm Bureau Federation is urging members of the Senate to support a bipartisan bill that would continue America’s transition to home-grown biofuels.
Senate and House committees have approved the Korea, Colombia and Panama free trade agreements (FTAs) in mock mark-up sessions, moving them closer to finalization.
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) President Steve Hirsch recently hosted Sen. Sherrod Brown on his farm for a roundtable listening session on the upcoming farm bill.