Recent droughts have increased public awareness and federal policymakers' focus on flaws in today’s water storage and delivery systems.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Ohio has constitutional amendment processes which allow citizens to vote directly to change Ohio’s constitution and laws. Recently we have seen an increase in ballot initiatives and referendums, which leads to many questions.
Since term limits have been enacted in Ohio and other states, the composition of the legislatures has remained largely the same regarding women and minorities. Critics argue legislators become less effective as they grow in experience.
Governor Kasich has introduced a proposal to make significant changes in the Ohio severance tax system that applies to oil and natural gas wells in exchange for lowering Ohio’s income tax.
The law is different for farmers selling eggs produced on their farm vs. selling eggs at a farmers’ market or farm product auction. One is exempt from retail food licensing requirements, the other is not exempt. The number of birds is a factor, along with the requirement of a free inspection.