USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service regulations require all animals found to be nonambulatory at ante-mortem inspection (or those nonambulatory after the ante-mortem inspection but before processing) be condemned. There are cases where animals are non-ambulatory not because of illness.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Recent droughts have increased public awareness and federal policymakers' focus on flaws in today’s water storage and delivery systems.