USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service regulations require all animals found to be nonambulatory at ante-mortem inspection (or those nonambulatory after the ante-mortem inspection but before processing) be condemned. There are cases where animals are non-ambulatory not because of illness.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Recent droughts have increased public awareness and federal policymakers' focus on flaws in today’s water storage and delivery systems.