Governor Ted Strickland shared with the House and Senate a proposal to balance the state’s fiscal years 2010-2011 operating budget without a tax increase and lay the groundwork for jobs and economic growth.
Policy & Politics
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Farm Bureau Urges "No" Vote on Legislation; "Yes" Vote on Peterson Amendment
Bipartisan negotiations have addressed numerous concerns about the Food Safety Enhancement Act raised by Farm Bureau and other agriculture groups since the discussion draft was introduced late last month. However, unresolved issues that could increase cost and paperwork burdens on farmers remain...
In testimony before the House Agriculture Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management, American Farm Bureau Federation President Bob Stallman said it was a long, hard road to passage of the 2008 farm bill, and it is now time for implementation.
Ohio Farm Bureau is disappointed that H.R. 2454, the American Clean Energy and Security Act, passed the House on Friday but is committed to defeating the legislation if it is brought up in the Senate.