How passage of the Clean Water Restoration Act would affect farmers and ranchers was the subject of a Fox News broadcast story on Sunday. Don Parrish, water expert with the American Farm Bureau Federation, appeared live on a segment about the issue.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Governor Ted Strickland shared with the House and Senate a proposal to balance the state’s fiscal years 2010-2011 operating budget without a tax increase and lay the groundwork for jobs and economic growth.
Sen. Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) says he wants to instill some “common sense thinking” at the Environmental Protection Agency and is inviting Administrator Lisa Jackson and other agency officials to visit a farm in Iowa. “I don’t think the people at the EPA get the big picture.
President Barack Obama, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano are calling the inappropriately named “swine flu” virus by its scientific name, H1N1 virus, which will likely be the official name for the new strain of flu.
The World Health Organization (WHO) continues to hold daily press conferences on the hybrid influenza outbreak. The alert level has been raised from Phase 4 to Phase 5, and may be increased to Phase 6 in some regions.