As published in the April 29th Federal Register, EPA is seeking public comment on a petition from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and the Pesticide Action Network North America (PANNA) that the agency cancel all uses of the pesticide Endosulfan.
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Farm Bureau supports a bill by Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) on the regulation of tobacco products that provides more explicit protection for farmers from on-farm regulation and changes to production practices than a recently passed House bill...
The Ohio Farm Bureau will join with other statewide business and agricultural commodity organizations to offer a Campaign Management Seminar for candidates interested in running for local, statewide, or national offices. The seminar will be held September 2-3, 2009.
Rep. Kevin Bacon (R-Minerva Park), tells the Columbus Dispatch that he will run for the open 3rd Senate District seat in 2010.
American Farm Bureau Federation Bob Stallman expressed appreciation for the efforts of the U.S. trade representative to expand beef marketing opportunities, but said Farm Bureau is disappointed that the provisional agreement announced Wednesday between the United States and the European Union...