HB 321 would designate the week in which Thanksgiving occurs as "Ohio Agriculture Week" in order to increase public recognition of the vitally important role that agriculture plays both in this state and across the nation. Ohio Farm Bureau supports this legislation and will be testifying...
Policy & Politics
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
House Bill 415 (Sprague, Hill) and Senate Bill 281 (Beagle) are bills to expand the Agricultural Linked Deposit Program in Ohio. The legislation expands both the available per-loan amount from $100,000 to $150,000.
HB 89 (Derickson) – Agriculture Week HB 89 passed both Chambers with unanimous support and was signed into law by Governor Kasich on March 11th. HB 89 designates the second full week of March as Ohio Agriculture Week to honor the state's agriculture community.
Ohio Farm Bureau members should call or e-mail their State Representative and State Senator to urge final passage of a critical livestock care measure (even if you already called or e-mailed the week of June 22nd-26th).
An economic analysis by the Food and Agricultural Policy Institute reveals that requiring higher nonfat solids in fluid milk would benefit consumers with additional nutrients with little impact on the price of a gallon of milk.