The extra weekend of gun hunting was first offered in 2006 in response to hunters' request for additional weekend days to pursue white-tailed deer, the state's number one big game animal. In 2008, hunters took 16,382 deer during those two days.
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
OFBF has a substantial amount of member-developed policy on wildlife issues, including: wildlife management; wildlife control; and regulations on hunting, fishing, and trapping. Consider the following issues concerning hunting regulations and whether current policies should be amended.
The World Health Organization (WHO) held a press conference this afternoon on the hybrid influenza outbreak which was originally announced about 10 days ago. WHO raised the pandemic flu alert level from phase 3 to 4.
Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), ranking member of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, wrote committee Chair Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif. ) on Tuesday requesting hearings on the recent disclosure of e-mails between some of the world’s most pre-eminent climatologists that reveal...
In general, the U.S. Constitution grants the federal government exclusive authority to regulate trade between states.