Cooperatives Working Together has tentatively accepted 294 bids in the third herd retirement it has conducted in the last nine months. The 86,710 cows and 1.8 billion pounds of milk accepted in this round, combined with CWT’s previous two herd retirements, equal a total production capacity...
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
A poll of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers asking them to name the most memorable product launched in 2009 placed five fast-food products among the top 10 spots.
Former U.S. Rep. John Kasich announced a run for governor on Monday evening, telling supporters in Westerville he's aiming for a fundamental shift in the state's leadership.
The Dayton Daily News reports on its blog that former U.S. Rep. John Kasich is planning to announce his bid for governor on June 1. Kasich's campaign website is also now live with a Youtube video message inviting everyone to a special announcement event at the Everal Barn in Westerville...
In a speech delivered on the Senate floor Monday, Sen. Mike Johanns (D-Neb.) said agriculture will be hammered with increased production costs as a result of cap-and-trade. "Different studies come up with varying numbers, but they all paint the same picture: agriculture loses," Johanns said...