The grain indemnity fund was created in 1983 to reimburse farmers in the event a licensed grain elevator became insolvent. Historic increases in agriculture commodity prices have fueled new debate about the appropriate level of funding for the grain indemnity fund.
Policy & Politics
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names children’s book of the year
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation's 2013 State Priority Issues
Ohio Farm Bureau Federation's 2013 Federal Priority Issues
The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) would like to thank you for the opportunity to review and submit comments on the package of draft proposed revisions to the sewage treatment system rules (OAC 3701-29-01 to 3701-29-23). OFBF policies are based on the tenet of protecting private property rights.
This video features Ohio Farm Bureau Vice President of Public Policy Adam Sharp recapping many of the organization's key policy, political and grassroots activities in 2012.