Bipartisan negotiations have addressed numerous concerns about the Food Safety Enhancement Act raised by Farm Bureau and other agriculture groups since the discussion draft was introduced late last month. However, unresolved issues that could increase cost and paperwork burdens on farmers remain...
Policy & Politics
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
Farm Bureau Urges "No" Vote on Legislation; "Yes" Vote on Peterson Amendment
Governor Ted Strickland shared with the House and Senate a proposal to balance the stateís fiscal years 2010-2011 operating budget without a tax increase and lay the groundwork for jobs and economic growth.
Ohio Farm Bureau is backing a bipartisan proposal that would establish a framework for making decisions on livestock care in Ohio. Joint resolutions in the House and the Senate would place a measure on the November ballot to create the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board...
The nationís county governments and farmers are partnering to oppose legislation to significantly expand the federal jurisdiction of the Clean Water Act (CWA). The National Association of Countiesí (NACo) and the American Farm Bureau Federation are concerned that the Clean Water Restoration...