Farm Bureau Urges "No" Vote on Legislation; "Yes" Vote on Peterson Amendment
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Governor Ted Strickland shared with the House and Senate a proposal to balance the state’s fiscal years 2010-2011 operating budget without a tax increase and lay the groundwork for jobs and economic growth.
Ohio Farm Bureau is backing a bipartisan proposal that would establish a framework for making decisions on livestock care in Ohio. Joint resolutions in the House and the Senate would place a measure on the November ballot to create the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board...
The nation’s county governments and farmers are partnering to oppose legislation to significantly expand the federal jurisdiction of the Clean Water Act (CWA). The National Association of Counties’ (NACo) and the American Farm Bureau Federation are concerned that the Clean Water Restoration...
The Wall Street Journal reports that the Waxman-Markey climate change bill may not pass the House of Representatives unless it becomes more farm-friendly. The warning, sounded by Agriculture Committee Chairman Collin Peterson (D-Minn.), presents a new obstacle to the White House’s effort to get...