The decline of honeybee colonies has slowed slightly since last fall, but the Agriculture Department says a mysterious combination of ailments is still affecting honeybee populations. Research at USDA’s Agricultural Research Service Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Md., found that honeybee...
Policy & Politics
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
President Barack Obama's tough fuel economy program for vehicles could put another damper on the struggling ethanol business, because the alternative fuel packs lower energy content than gasoline, according to Reuters. Obama on Tuesday introduced the most aggressive proposal yet...
Supporters say this would provide an economic boost to the industry and recover as much as $1.2 billion in gambling income lost to surrounding states.
A bill is moving through the California Legislature that would extend the state’s upcoming ban on small cages for egg-laying hens to out-of-state egg producers. The bill has received support from legislators who opposed Proposition 2.
The Environmental Protection Agency issued a final rule Monday banning the use of the pesticide carbofuran on food crops, saying it poses an unacceptable health risk, especially to children.